Explora’s summer programs are back!
Click here to view and register for our STEAM-based, safe summer camps and programs now!
- Explora is not open to the public, per the Governor’s public health order.
- Phase One re-opening of Explora began with the return of Explora Summer Camps. Virtual camps began May 26, and in-person summer camps began on June 15. Both run through August 7. To register please visit: https://test.explora.us/en/educational-programs/camps/
- There is no date for Phase Two: re-opening for general admission, per the Governor’s public health order. Visit our social media channels for updates and continued STEAM programming: Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter.
- Explora no está abierto al público, según la orden de salud pública de la Gobernadora.
- La reapertura de la Fase Uno de Explora comenzó con el regreso de los Campamentos de Verano Explora. Los campamentos virtuales comenzaron el 26 de Mayo, y los campamentos de verano en persona comenzaron el 15 de Junio. Ambos se extenderán hasta el 7 de Agosto. Para registrarse, visite: https://test.explora.us/en/educational-programs/camps/
- En este momento, no hay fecha para la Fase Dos: reapertura para admisión general, según la orden de salud pública de la Gobernadora. Visite nuestros canales de redes sociales para actualizaciones y programación continua de STEAM: Facebook, Instagram y Twitter.
Explora is a new kind of learning place, providing real experiences with real things that put people’s learning in their own hands. Explora is part science center, part children’s museum, part free-choice school, part grandma’s attic, part grandpa’s garage, part laboratory, part neighborhood full of interesting people, and part of many people’s lives. Exhibits are designed to engage visitors of all ages.
Hours of operation
Monday – Saturday: 10 am – 6 pm
Sunday: 12 pm – 6 pm
Explora is closed on January 1, July 4, the week after Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and December 25. We close early at 2 pm on December 24 and 31.
If you require special assistance to enjoy Explora, please contact us before your next visit.
Explora Members: Free
Children (ages 1-11): $6
Children under age 1: Free
Adults (ages 12-64): $10
Seniors (age 65+, with ID): $7
Students or Military (with ID): $7
Visitor Resources, Educational Programs, more!
- Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts, we have more options for you! Visit our Scouts and Explora web page for details.
- Sensory-friendly resources are available for visitors.
- Find unusual and unique gifts at Ideas, the Store at Explora, to inspire the imagination and challenge the brain!
- Explora can host Birthday Parties, and other Events and Meetings.
Join us as we open an hour early every Monday for our youngest visitors!
Every Monday from 9am to 11am we have time just for toddlers and their adult companions. In addition to all of Explora’s exhibits, Monday mornings visitors can take part in special activities like Story Time and Music Jams. Toddler Time is included with regular admission and free for Explora Members.
Maker Space Open Hours
Every Monday from 3–5pm, drop in to our makerspace, Studio Inventivo, to work on your own project or work alongside Explora staff as they test new activities and technology!
1701 Mountain Road NW • Albuquerque, NM 87104
Explora is located in the heart of Albuquerque’s historic Old Town district. A trip to Explora can be combined with a day of historic visits and shopping in Old Town. Several other museums are nearby: The New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science and The Albuquerque Museum of Art and History. The Albuquerque Biopark (zoo, aquarium, botanic garden, Tingley Beach) is also close.
Explora is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, and all purchases at our store are always tax-free.
Proceeds from your purchases at Ideas, the store at Explora, help fund our programs and exhibits.