- Explora is not open to the public, per the Governor’s public health order.
- Phase One re-opening of Explora began with the return of Explora Summer Camps. Virtual camps began May 26, and in-person summer camps began on June 15. Both run through August 7. To register please visit: https://test.explora.us/en/educational-programs/camps/
- There is no date for Phase Two: re-opening for general admission, per the Governor’s public health order. Visit our social media channels for updates and continued STEAM programming: Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter.
- Explora no está abierto al público, según la orden de salud pública de la Gobernadora.
- La reapertura de la Fase Uno de Explora comenzó con el regreso de los Campamentos de Verano Explora. Los campamentos virtuales comenzaron el 26 de Mayo, y los campamentos de verano en persona comenzaron el 15 de Junio. Ambos se extenderán hasta el 7 de Agosto. Para registrarse, visite: https://test.explora.us/en/educational-programs/camps/
- En este momento, no hay fecha para la Fase Dos: reapertura para admisión general, según la orden de salud pública de la Gobernadora. Visite nuestros canales de redes sociales para actualizaciones y programación continua de STEAM: Facebook, Instagram y Twitter.
Science for kids, by kids
Are you 8 to 15 years old? Are you curious about science? Frontiers for Young Minds believes that the best way to make cutting-edge science discoveries available to younger audiences is to enable young people and scientists to work together to create articles that are both accurate and exciting. That is why distinguished scientists are invited to write about their cutting-edge discoveries in a language that is accessible for young readers. Then, it is up to the kids themselves – with the help of a science mentor – to provide feedback and explain to the authors how to best improve the articles before publication.
A FREE program for ages 8-15! Learn about neuroscience with us, it’s ok if you don’t know what neuroscience is!
As a Frontiers for Young Minds Reviewer (8-15 yrs) you will:
- Meet real neuroscientists
- Review neuroscience research articles with mentors
- Help scientists create an engaging research article
- Explore the science behind the articles
We will meet from 2:30-3:30pm on the following Sundays:
|April 19, 2020
May 10, 2020
June 14, 2020
|July 12, 2020
August 9, 2020
Reviewers should be 8 to 15 years old and willing to read research articles and provide feedback, as part of the group, about what could be better to make the articles easy to understand and fun to read for kids in their age group. The review process will take place at the monthly meetings as a collaborative effort to ensure everyone is heard and the suggested reviews will help make the article understandable for everyone. Contact Caroline at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 505-224-8385 with any questions.
Register or request more information