PoP: Meet a Scientist
Saturday February 9, 1–4pm
Diana Macias, UNM
Bruna Jacobson, UNM
Jeff Mahn, Sandia National Laboratories
Visitors of all ages are invited to meet scientists and engineers who are neighbors in the community. In Explora’s Portal to the Public (PoP) Meet a Scientist programs, visitors participate in materials-rich, engaging activities as they learn about the current research of Albuquerque-area scientists and engineers.
Past activities, with scientists from Intel, Sandia National Labs, University of New Mexico, and Qynergy Corporation, have included experiments with lasers and optics, investigations on how steam can generate electricity, explorations on how tools can help us ‘see’ infrared and ultraviolet light, and challenges with brain teasers, just to name a few.
PoP: Meet a Scientist programs are included with regular admission, and free for Explora members.
- Sunday, April 14, 2019,1-4 pm
- Saturday, June 8, 2019 1-4pm
- Sunday, August 11, 2019 1-4 pm
- Saturday, October 12, 2019 1-4 pm
- Sunday, December 8, 2019 1-4 pm
Details of presentation will be posted closer to each date.
* Learn about Optometry is an extension of the Portal to the Public (PoP) program at Explora, and offered in partnership with the New Mexico Optometric Association, Albuquerque Eye Care, Essilor, and Walman Instruments with support from the American Optometric Association.